How to Apply for Good Conduct Certificate in Kenya 2022
How to Apply for Good Conduct Certificate in Kenya
- Good Conduct Certificate is increasingly becoming a basic requirement for many employers as it ensures a potential employee has no criminal history as documented by the Criminal Records Office (C.R.O.).Here we take a look at all you need to know about the Certificate of Good Conduct including application, approval time and checking the authenticity.
How to Apply for Good Conduct Certificate
1. Duly fill a C24 application form which can either be downloaded from the e-Citizen portal at dci.ecitizen.go.ke, at the Huduma Centres or at the DCI offices located at Mazingira House, Kiambu Road.
2. Make online processing fee payment of Ksh1050 for the Police Clearance Certificate through the mobile money platforms.
3. Present the Original ID and its photocopy (or Birth Certificate for minors), two (2) copies of the online payment invoice and one (1) copy of the C24 printed on both sides of a C24 to DCI headquarters or regional police headquarters.
4. Allow your fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form C24.
How Long Does a Certificate of Good Conduct Take to Process
1. Ideally, the certificate of good conduct takes between two weeks and one month to process after which it should be ready for pick-up at the DCI Headquarters, Nairobi.
How I can Determine if a Clearance Certificate is Genuine
With cases of forgery and fraud on the rise, determining the authenticity of a Good Conduct Certificate is important.
1. To ascertain the authenticity of a generated certificate, first Send the word DCI to 21546 which subscribes you to the service.
2. Dial *512# from your phone which prompts you through the verification process.
Can I Process the Clearance Through the eCitizen Good Conduct Download
The eCitizen platform facilitates half of the process including paying the due fee and filling/printing of form C24.
However, you need to present yourself physically at the DCI offices in Kenya, Huduma Centres or at the Kenyan embassy when abroad for taking of fingerprints.
Validity of Certificate of Good Conduct
The police good conduct certificate is valid for a period of one year from the date of printing hence is subject to annual renewal.
This is in order to synchronize the certificate with the criminal records that may have entered into the police books within the period.