How to Create an eCitizen Account for Kenyan online
How to Create an Ecitizen Account
Ecitizen portal is aimed at helping Kenyan Citizens and Foreign Residents to apply for Government to Citizen (G2C) services.
You make the necessary payment via mobile money, Debit Cards, and eCitizen agents.
This is one of the ways Kenyan citizens can access government services with ease and within no time.
Why Use eCitizen Services?
- You will create a single sign-in account – One account is all you need, a single username and password that gets you into everything government.
- It is convenient – this is because you will pay using mobile money, Debit Cards, and online banking from local banks.
- Notifications – you will get email and SMS notifications every time your application has progressed to another stage or has been fully processed.
- Online based services – all applications are online-based whereby you fill an online application form, submit then receive your permit in PDF format from wherever you are ready for printing.
Which Ecitizen Account Should I Create?
Before you create your eCitizen account, know the exact account you are required to create.
Access the eCitizen account and once the page loads, click on create account button on the top right-hand side of the page.
The Four Ecitizen Accounts Available are:
- Kenyan Citizen – This account is for Kenyan citizens only. You will need your National ID number and your first name to register.
- Foreign Residents – This account is for foreigners residing in Kenya. You will need your Alien ID card number and your first name to register.
- Visitors – This account is for nationals who require a visa to enter the Republic of Kenya. You will require your passport details such as passport number, name, and nationality among others.
- Business – This account is for businesses registered in Kenya. You will need your business registration number.
Creating a Kenyan Citizen Account
A Kenyan Ecitizen account can only be created for citizens with a national ID. Click on create an account under the Kenyan citizen option.
This process will take you through two steps; capturing your basic details and verifying your phone number.
On the account window, enter your national identification number and your first name then click on verify.
If your details are correct and you have never registered before, a new window will appear with your full names at the top and your ID number.
On the fillable form input your email, mobile number and a preferred password for your account. Agree on the terms and click continue.
On the next window ensure your phone number is correct and click continue. A code will be sent to your phone, enter the code to verify your phone. After verification, you will have successfully created your account.
How to Create an eCitizen Account for Kenyan Citizens
Services Offered by Ecitizen Portal
The main eCitizen page or dashboard opens where various government services are being offered. These are the various services you can access:
National Transport and Safety Authority
This includes applying for a provisional driving license; book a driving test, getting a driving license, renewing the driving license, pay fees and tracking your application. However, most of these services have been transferred to TIMS Portal.
Office of The Attorney General
This is for the registration of Marriages and Societies.
Business Registration Service
Use this portal to register and manage your business.
Department of Immigration Services
This includes the application for a passport, application for a Kenyan visa and application for a work permit.
Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Apply and pay for your Police Clearance Certificate (certificate of good conduct).
Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning
Includes searching for a Title deed, land rent clearance demand notice, and payments.
Civil Registration Department
Apply and pay for Birth and Death Certificates online.
Ministry of Mining Portal
This an electronic platform for all stakeholders in the mining sector in Kenya to engage directly with the Ministry of Mining.
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Use this portal to apply and repay your helb loan and obtain compliance certificates and clearance certificates upon completion of loan repayment.
County Government of Mombasa
Apply for County of Mombasa eServices.
County Government of Nyeri
Apply and pay for your Single Business Permit.
County Government of Kisumu
Apply and pay for your Trade License
Kisumu e-Construction Permit
Apply and pay for the county government of Kisumu e-Construction permit