How to get KRA Pin number Online
How to get KRA Pin number in Kenya
A KRA pin number is a unique set of digits used to identify Kenyan citizens and enable them to file taxes.
It is also used while doing business with Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), other government agencies and service providers.
“The law requires that you have a KRA PIN while making some transactions. These include; buying and selling land, importing goods, registering a business and many more,” a statement on the KRA website reads.
KRA pin registration is done on the iTax website.
Kenyan residents receive a pin certificate instantly after completing the online registration form.
Requirements include a national ID/Alien ID Card details, employers’ PIN details for those who are employed and business registration certificate details for those in business.
To register for a KRA pin:
- Go to https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- Select “New PIN Registration”
- Select “Non-Individual” and “Online Form” as your mode of registration.
- Fill in your basic information.
- Select suitable tax obligation by checking the relevant boxes.
- Enter details of company directors or partners.
- Fill in agent details if you have one.
- Enter result of the arithmetic sum provided and submit.