How to renew your certificate of good conduct Online
Well, a certificate of good conduct has a validity of one year and thus require annual renewal. This article will guide you through the certificate of good conduct renewal process; which is similar to first time application.
The application for renewal can be done physically by applicants appearing at a police station, Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) or the nearest Huduma center. The application can also be done online via the e-Citizen portal.
1. Physical application
Here, you need to physically present yourself at any application center mentioned above. You must carry the required documents and the processing fee of Kes. 1050. Below are the documents to carry.
- Original and copy of your national ID card
- Original birth certificate for those under the age of 18 years.
- Original and copy of their passport
- Proof of residence in Kenya for not less than 6 months
- Documents from employers or institutions (for expatriates).
- Valid work permits
- Student IDs with other supporting documents (for students)
An official will guide you through the procedure to be followed. You should be through with the application within a few minutes.
2. Online application
This is done via the e-Citizen portal. The steps are:
- Open the e-Citizen’s official website
- Create an account or log in if you already have one
- Lookup for Police Clearance Certificate in the portal then click on it.
- Fill the certificate of good conduct online form
- Proceed to pay Kes. 1050 processing fee
- Download and print 2 copies of the invoice and C24 forms
- You should then present yourself and the required documents in (1) above and the printed forms to a Huduma center or DCI headquarters.
After the application, you can pick your certificate of good conduct within 3 weeks at your application station. Certificate of good conduct application and renewal in Kenya is a simple process; provided one has all the required documents.