Motor Vehicle Search online in Kenya Via NTSA TIMs
Motor vehicle search in Kenya can now be done online thanks to NTSA Motor vehicle Search and other services platform TIMs.
When you want to buy a used vehicle locally one of the first steps to do is do a search to be able to Know the history of the car. To know the car is duly registered and to confirm the real registered owner of the vehicle.
This is a very important step in purchasing a car from another person, a company or an organisation.
If you’re a money lending organisation and you take logbooks as collateral, this is a common procedure and the first step of accepting a vehicle as security against a loan by a particular customer.
So, here are the steps of performing a NTSA motor vehicle search online;
- This service cost 550 KSh. so ensure you have an equivalent amount of money on M-PESA, Airtel Money or VISA cards.
- Log in to your eCitizen account. If you do not have an account at eCitizen, click here to create one.
- Once your account is created or if you have one, login to eCitizen here:
- Select National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) and click on “Get Service Now”.
- Select “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle registration”
- Choose “Search for a motor vehicle (copy of files)”
- Click Apply Now and enter the vehicle registration number without space, for example, KAA567A.
- Select your payment method and follow the instructions on the website to download the requested registration information.
NOTE: The NTSA motor vehicle Search copy of records provides you with the details listed below that will enable you to confirm with the seller’s documents before purchase:
- Vehicle Model,
- Body Type,
- Chassis No,
- Engine Number No,
- Year Of Manufacture,
- Name Of Owner,
For Any Other Inquiries Contact NTSA Kenya on 020 6632000/0709 932 000| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org