Registration Self Help Group (SHG ) Process and Benefits
What is Self Help Group?
A self-help group is a voluntary group of 10-20 members with similar social and economic backgrounds who regularly save a little from their income. Mutually agree to contribute an individual amount in collective law, make collective decisions.
Resolve mutual differences through collective leadership. They provide loans on terms and conditions set by the group.
Benefits of Self Help Group
- Combating social evils: SHGs play an important role in overcoming social evils like alcohol, intoxication, gambling, etc.
- Women Empowerment: Women SHGs free their members from social constraints and allow them to make independent decisions. They can also participate actively in Gram Sabha.
- Active participation in democracy: SHGs can participate actively in aspects of local governance. This would mean the inclusion of weaker and marginalized sections of society in local governance.
- Increase in employment opportunities in rural India: This allows for micro-level entrepreneurship within rural society and reduces very high dependence on agriculture.
- Easy access to government schemes: Government schemes are mostly for the marginalized sections of society.
- Improvement in living standards: The collective team’s effort for financial inclusion by SHGs allows for improvement in the standard of living, family planning, healthcare of the weaker sections of the society.
- Financial Discipline: Self-help group members are encouraged to open savings accounts in banks. It increased spending on education, health, etc., improved living conditions
Self Help Group Registration Process: Step by Step
You can register online to become a member of a self-help group.
Step 1: To register online for the self-help group, you must first click on the link given: https://www.kviconline.gov.in.
Step 2: After clicking on the link, you will see a form. You have to fill in all the information in this form carefully.
Step 3: Select your state, district, your village and get your SHG code.
Step 4: After successfully filling and submitting all the information, self-help group registration completed.